Did you know our brains need a constant supply of glucose to function correctly? The glucose we need for better brain function, mood, and memory should come from good foods. With finals coming in hot, prepare your brain to the max by adding theses extra six foods into your meals this week!
- Spinach. This ingredient can prevent dementia, aging, and damage to your DNA. These leafy green veggies are also a good source of foliate and vitamin E.
- Avocado. These are one of the best source of omega 3 and omega 6 needed for a healthy body. Avocados will help to increase blood flow to brain and lower cholesterol. Added bonus, they have vitamin K!
- Dark Chocolate. Satisfy your sweet tooth with a treat that will improve cognitive function and memory. Consuming this delicious cocoa will also improve mood, and it is packed with antioxidants.
- Nuts. Almonds and walnuts especially are good for healthy nervous systems and brain function. They have B6 and vitamin E to protect your brain for the long run.
- Quinoa. This complex carbohydrate will keep you full while you test and is great for keeping the blood oxygenated. Quinoa is also a great source of iron and vitamin B. Plus its gluten free!
- Broccoli. This awesome veggie is a superfood for the whole body! It is rich in calcium, vitamin C, B, and lots of iron. Eating broccoli will also decrease your chances of catching any viruses during your finals week.
Good luck with all your finals, and don’t forget to feed your brain! Food for thought: “What you feed your mind determines your appetite.” –Tom Ziglar
By Sydney Hughes