Food+ Good friends + Family Time + FOOD = Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving is the perfect time to reflect on all the things you are fortunate enough to have. If you are anything like me, I am looking forward to seeing my dog—and really good food, too. Believe it or not, there are ways you can keep your healthy mindset throughout your home vacation.
Here are 8 helpful thoughts to have while returning home:
- Don’t deprive yourself! Enjoy your family and some treats. It is a holiday after all.
- Moderation is key. Enjoy a small slice of pumpkin pie or small handful of candy. The taste will be the same and you will feel much better afterwards.
- Don’t neglect those veggies. The fiber in your veggie tray and salads will fill you up.
- Eat slowly. Enjoy all your bites, and recognize when you are full.
- Don’t skip breakfast. Have a small protein filled breakfast, so you are not completely starving by lunch or dinner.
- Do not make yourself uncomfortably full. I promise you, there will be leftovers!
- Instead of claiming the couch immediately after dinner, go for a walk or help out in the kitchen! Your mom will love some help with all those dishes.
- Do not feel guilty. No matter what happens, be thankful for every part of your Thanksgiving 2015.
Keeping a healthy regime in college is not easy and maintaining one over breaks may seem impossible, but you can do it! Now you are prepared to take on the Thanksgiving week, guilt free. Safe travels, and enjoy the time with your friends, family, and food!
By Sydney Hughes