- Want to talk to your mom? Instead of sitting down at the computer to Skype, talk on the phone while you go for a walk! You’ll be getting some exercise without even realizing it.
- When you’re hanging out with a friend, don’t just sit on her bed and talk — walk down to Marshall Street and get a coffee at Starbucks, then go find a bench on the quad to sit and people watch. Or if you’re both into exercising, take a fitness class together.
- If you have a bunch of notes or charts to memorize, you may as well memorize them while walking 3 mph on the treadmill.
- Have a friend quiz you on the notes you studied while you do lunges or squats. Make yourself do a burpee every time you get a term wrong.
- If you just want to relax and read a magazine, read one on the stationary bike! Just put it on high resistance; you’ll be so into what you’re reading that you’ll forget you’re at the gym.
- Switch up your dinner location; if you live in BBB or on the Mount, go to Ernie Davis for dinner.
- If you live on South campus and it’s nice out, walk back from class! It’s only a mile from the quad and the leaves in autumn make for a gorgeous walk.
Now that you have some ideas, there’s no reason not to squeeze in some exercise!
By Olivia M. Bowser
Photo Source: http://www.usafitnessshop.com