A strong libido is a fundamental characteristic that guys embrace with great satisfaction. A flourishing sex drive in men reaps many important health benefits including reduced stress, a stronger immune system, lower blood pressure, and a healthier prostate.
While many factors play into a healthy libido, one way to increase your sex drive and fight impotence is by eating these superfoods. Most of them contain important vitamins and minerals that can increase testosterone; a primary hormone important for healthy sex drives in both men and women.
- Pomegranate – This fruit has long been studied for its effect on testosterone. Studies have shown that men and women who drank a daily glass of pomegranate juice for two weeks experienced a surge in testosterone levels. Pomegranate contains nitric oxide, which can open up blood vessels and increase blood flow throughout the body.
- Spinach – Spinach is a potent source of magnesium. Magnesium is used in the production of testosterone and neurotransmitters such as dopamine and epinephrin. Spinach and other leafy greens like kale also contain folate. Folate is a B vitamin that is key for cell production and results in much healthier sperm.
- Bananas – Not only is this sexually suggestive fruit great for innuendos, but it is also a healthy snack to start your day. Bananas contain a bromelain enzyme that helps boost libido. They also have high levels of potassium, which regulates energy levels.
- Tomato and Watermelon – These two fruits contain an important phytochemical called lycopene. Responsible for the red pigment in the fruits, lycopene can reduce the risk of prostate cancer by up to 34 percent. Watermelon also contains citrulline, which is converted to L-arginine. L-arginine boosts nitric oxide and can make for longer erections.
- Eggs – Eggs are rich in vitamins B6 and B5, which help to balance hormone levels and ease stress.
- Fish – Fish contain vital omega-3 fatty acids like DHA and EPA. These help to raise dopamine levels in the brain that trigger arousal. Other seafood like shellfish contains zinc, which aids in testosterone production.
- Dark Chocolate – Dark chocolate contains a compound called phenylethylamine that releases the same endorphins triggered by sex, and increases the feelings of attraction between two people.
By Levi Stein
Photo Source: naturalhealth365.com