Need a quick and easy dinner idea? My recipe for easy enchiladas is both delicious and perfect for almost any occasion from a weeknight dinner at home to enjoying with friends over the weekend. This recipe can also be made into a vegetarian dish by simply subbing in black beans or refried beans for the filling. Try it today!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- Fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 8, 6″ flour tortillas
1. Brown ground beef in a skillet. Add parsley, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
2. Place about 1/2 cup of the filling on each tortilla and roll up.
3. Place tortillas seam side down in a grease-free baking dish.
1. Sauté the onion and green pepper in oil until tender. Add tomato sauce, green chilies, chili powder and garlic powder.
2. Pour over the tortillas, cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 min.
3. Uncover and sprinkle with the cheese and return to the oven for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Serve with your favorite side dish, enjoy!
By Amy Auciello
Amy is a member of the Nutrition Education Promotion Association. NEPA promotes health and nutrition education to the SU and the Syracuse communities.