by Jenna Heller, blogger
Great with coffee in the morning or as an after dinner treat, this banana bread recipe is one you won’t want to miss out on. Made with whole wheat flour and sweetened with agave nectar and maple syrup, it’s a low calorie treat that you’ll enjoy with every bite.
You’re going to need…
- 2 ½ cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups mashed bananas (4-5 medium sized bananas)
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons agave syrup
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons apple butter
- 1 whole egg + 1 egg white
- 2/3 cup plain soy milk
- ¼ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
First, pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
Next, lightly measure the flour and sift all dry ingredients together. Mash up your bananas in a separate bowl and set them aside bananas.
Then, beat together all remaining ingredients and pour them into flour mixture. Quickly beat everything together while adding in the banana.
Finally, place it in the oven and it should be ready in 30-35 minutes. Enjoy!