by Jenna Heller, blogger
Sweet potato fries: a healthy substitute for the extremely unhealthy and addictive snack known as French fries. A snack we’ve all grown to love and hate. Whenever I have dinner parties or have friends come over to hang out, I always make these and never have enough. These scrumptious fries are a great addition to any meal or an extremely delicious snack. You’re going to need sweet potatoes (I used two- but it depends on how many people you’re making them for), salt, cinnamon, canola oil, and agave…
You need to:
1. Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees
2. Peel your potatoes then drop them into a pot of boiling water for 3 minutes.
3. Cut the potatoes into slices and lay them out of a cookie sheet
4. Drizzle canola oil all over the potato slices then shake salt and cinnamon on. After that, drizzle a small amount of agave across all of the potato slices.
5. Place your fries into the oven for 15 minutes
6. Take them out of the oven, flip all of them over to the opposite side, add more canola oil, salt, cinnamon, and agave, and put them back in the oven.
7. After another 15 minutes in the oven, baking on the opposite side, take them out and taste them to make sure they’re completely done. Sometimes they need to stay in for an additional 10 minutes.
8. Enjoy your healthy and delicious French fry alternative!