by Deandra Modica, blogger
My roommates are trying to kill me. Both are Halloween fanatics and my apartment has been stocked full of fun-size chocolate bars for weeks. We also had a homemade pumpkin cheesecake staring me in the face every time I opened the fridge last week. I didn’t even know pumpkin cheesecake existed. Ignorance really is bliss.
The best way to deal with the extra amount of calories that we all tend to consume during the Halloween season is to burn them off. One little piece of candy can easily turns into five before you know it. I’ve looked up the calories of some common Halloween treats. You can go to this site to see how many calories are burned during different exercises before you head to the gym.
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup = 105 calories
- Mini Snickers = 45 calories
- Mini Hershey’s bar = 45 calories
- Kit Kat = 73 calories
- Fun Size Twix = 80 calories
- Mini Milky Way = 75 calories
- Fun Size Butterfinger = 100 calories
- 22 Pieces of Candy Corn = 140 calories
- 1 Piece of Pumpkin Pie = 229 calories
- 1 Starbucks Grande Pumpkin Spice Latte = 380 calories